Akeso supported Moorfields Private Eye Hospital in the establishing of a brand-new state of the art private outpatient eye centre providing refractive laser and operating theatre suite.
Moorfields Private (MP) acquired the lease of a five-storey site situated in the heart of London’s medical district on New Cavendish Street with the intention to extend and build a brand-new state of the art eye centre.
The construction required complex restructuring and adjoining of two large Central London townhouse building, fitting of a refractive laser and operating theatre suite and full refurbishment.
We supported MP with the planning, building and mobilisation of Moorfields private outpatient centre on New Cavendish Street over three build phases, through the following activities:
- Delivered robust planning from the outset, with involvement from multiple stakeholders, across estates, operations, IT and workforce to capture dependencies at each stage and ensure delivery to budget and time
- Supported in the planning and design of an efficient operating model and patient pathway
- Provided procurement support in scoping and sourcing medical equipment
- Managed third party providers, including interior designer and equipment suppliers
- Monitored outpatient, theatre and laser activity to ensure accurate revenue planning and forecasting
MP successfully opened their brand-new private outpatient centre in Spring 2022 which boasts the latest laser and theatre technology, including a state-of-the-art Surgicube, and are on track to deliver revenue targets.